Asked by: Lionel Serradaasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th March, 2020
How do I fix f7 error on my GE oven?
- Unplug the oven power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Open the oven door fully.
- Unscrew and remove the two or three screws from the inside of the oven that hold down the control panel.
- Pull the control panel toward the front of the oven.
- Rotate the control panel sideways to get easy access to the data cable.
Similarly one may ask, what does f7 mean on oven?
F7= Function key shorted or stuck button. Replace touch pad or clock assembly (ERC) or UN-stick button. F7=Shorted touch panel Verify glass to adapter board connection good, if so, replace glass panel. F7=Failure detected in self-clean lock circuitry.
Also Know, how do you reset a GE Profile stove? Turn your range or oven OFF and turn the circuit breaker to OFF in your house breaker box.
Reset the electronic control.
- Turn the breaker to the OFF position.
- Wait one minute, then turn the breaker back to the ON position to reset.
- This needs to be done even if the light or the clock on the range is working.
Subsequently, question is, how do you fix f1 error on GE oven?
On some models it is possible that F1 could also be caused by a keypad problem. In this case it will specify in the tech sheet to power down the oven, disconnect the keypad then power the oven back on, wait for a few minutes to see if the error reappears. If the error reappears it is definitely the control board.
What does f9 mean on my GE oven?
An F9 error code on a General Electric (GE) oven indicates that the oven's electronic control system has detected a problem with the automatic door lock. The malfunction may be a jammed door lock mechanism, a pinched or broken wire, a faulty lock switch or a fault in the control board itself.