Asked by: Manoli Mollhauerasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th May, 2020
What are the powers exclusively held by Congress?
Similarly, it is asked, what are some of the powers exclusively held by Congress?
These include the power to declare war, coin money, raise an army and navy, regulate commerce, establish rules of immigration and naturalization, and establish the federal courts and their jurisdictions.
Beside above, what are 3 powers of Congress? These are commonly known as the enumerated powers, and they cover such areas as the rights to collect taxes, regulate foreign and domestic commerce, coin money, declare war, support an army and navy, and establish lower federal courts.
In this regard, what are the powers and responsibilities of Congress?
Congress has the power to:
- Make laws.
- Declare war.
- Raise and provide public money and oversee its proper expenditure.
- Impeach and try federal officers.
- Approve presidential appointments.
- Approve treaties negotiated by the executive branch.
- Oversight and investigations.
What are the 17 powers of Congress?
- The Power to tax and spend for the defense and general welfare of the U.S.
- Borrow money.
- Regulate commerce with other nations and between the states.
- Coin money.
- Establish laws of naturalization (how people can become citizens)
- Punish counterfeiters of money and securities.