Asked by: Teodula Glasmacherasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th March, 2020
Which is the correct order of the parts of a neuron?
In this manner, what are the 5 parts of a neuron?
Terms in this set (5)
- Dendrite. short fiber that conducts toward the cell body of the neuron.
- Myelin sheath. a white fatty substance that forms a medullary sheath around the axis cylinder of some nerve fibers.
- axon terminal.
Similarly, what are the 4 parts of a neuron? Introduction: The brain is made up of about 86 billion nerve cells (also called "neurons"). A neuron has 4 basic parts: the dendrites, the cell body (also called the "soma"), the axon and the axon terminal. Dendrites - Extensions from the neuron cell body that take information to the cell body.
Similarly, it is asked, what are the 7 parts of a neuron?
Terms in this set (7)
- Neuron. Nerve cell that carries impulses throughout the body.
- Dendrites. short fibers that branch out from the cell body and pick up incoming messages.
- Nucleus. a part of the cell containing DNA and RNA and responsible for growth and reproduction.
- axon terminals.
- Soma cell (cell body)
- Myelin sheath.
What is the correct order of a signal in an individual neuron?
Arrange the following parts of a neuron in the sequence that a signal would pass through them: axon, cell body, dendrite, synaptic terminal. For each part, indicate whether one or many are found in a typical neuron. Many dendrites, one cell body, one axon, many synaptic terminals.